I just started having the same problem. This is a brand new Dell Precision
T7600 Workstation with Windows 7 SP1 x64 16MB of memory, Sata hard drives, etc
(this is one of the most stable computers ever manufactured meeting,complying
and exceeding ISV-Certified standards) ...
I manage over 200 PC's with similar configurations. I've never seen this
particular problem before. It is happening to my customer using Adobe Reader XI
(11.0.2). He only uses on his computer Microsoft Office 2010, AutoCad 2012 and
Norton Internet Security. They have 19 other identical computers with identical
hardware and software configurations. Only one up till now is presenting the
problem.Initially I thought it was an IE10 issue (since it started around the time
IE10 was released) but as I've investigated on the web over the last couple of
weeks it is also happening on other versions of IE and FireFox, other versions
of Windows as well as with other versions of Adobe Reader and Acrobat. The
problem seems to be without a doubt an Adobe issue.
What is throwing me off is that I have 18 other computers of the same
model with identical software images as the one above. I've tried
re-installing Adobe Reader, protected mode "on-off" solutions suggested,
downgrading back to IE9, disabling all non-Microsoft start-up items and
many other suggested fixes (even went to the extreme of removing Norton
Internet Security completely just to be thorough). None have worked. My
guess is that I will have to wipe out the computer and do a clean
install and hope the error does not reappear.
the problem seems to be intermittent. At times it gives the error and
once I click on "Ok" it opens the pdf document as if nothing had
happened. At other times, closing IE10 and re-opening it solves the
problem. Other times re-booting the computer solves it temporarily and
other times, just going to another site with pdf files and opening them
there and later returning to the website with the problem document
allows us to open it without problems.